Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Treats

Super Bowl Sunday seems long ago already doesn't it?!
No matter if you're happy with the outcome or not I hope everyone experienced fantastic snacks/game food. I think my guests appreciated my dishes, which was my biggest concern of the evening.


Twice baked sweet potatoes with maple syrup and toasted pecans.
These are made exactly like twice baked potatoes. Place potato in tinfoil in a 350 degree oven for about an hour(until soft), let them cool for about 10-15 mins, then cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides. You can flavor the insides however you see fit. These have a little maple syrup, margarine and are topped with pecans. Refill the empty skins and place back into your 350 degree oven for about 15-20 mins.



in half and roast them face down for about 15-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let them cool until you can handle them. Place in a food processor with salt, cracked pepper, 2 chopped Homemade roasted tomatillo salsa. This recipe is the essence of simplicity. Cut your tomatillosjalapenos, 1/2 an onion. 1-3 cloves of garlic and tons of cilantro and process until smooth.


My second version of twice baked sweet potatoes are a sweet potato curry flavor. My flavorings were sauteed onions, garam masala (you can use any curry you'd like) and a slash of coconut milk. I processed the filling in a food processor until smooth but it really isn't needed.

Did anyone make any exciting non-traditional foods?

I had chips and bean dips as well but no pictures of those!
Teddy

2 comments:

veggievixen said...

mmm!

zlamushka said...

a long time ago, I was vegan for 2 years and I know sometimes I would kill for a rich creamy chocolate cake :-) that is probably why my will broke along the way :-( now after two years of crap diet, I am re-living my vegan journey again with my 21-day vegan challenge, as from what I was told, it takes three weeks to change one´s habits....

I ll be back for more inspiration :-)