Monday, January 19, 2009

Green in San Antonio

Who loves random mini road trips? I do!
When a friend asked if I wanted to go to San Antonio for the day to look around and try their vegetarian restaurant Green I quickly agreed. I didn't actually want to stay at home and do dishes or clean anyway.


Seeing as this is the only all vegetarian eatery in San Antonio I fully support it. The staff was welcoming and kind. We ordered the Buffalo Tofu Fingers to start off. Oi! I'm not sure I get these again. They're FAR too greasy and I'm not sure they actually cooked the tofu first. This is a dish better suited for a new veg person who's looking for old comforts, too intense for me.



My main dish was the Sesame Chickin. The two sides I chose were brown rice and kale. I'd say a it was pretty balanced meal and the portions were large (who doesn't like that?). I ate half of it for lunch and the other half for dinner. The wheat meat chickin reminded me of country fried steak but in a good way. I very much enjoyed it although the kale had some red pepper flakes that kept getting caught in my throat which made me cough a little.
On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this a 7. Decent food, not spectacular, and I would go back again to try a different item because some of those sandwiches were tempting.
Teddy

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love random road trips!

Anonymous said...

I've only been to San Antonio once but I have to say I loved it! The Riverwalk is gorge. How fun you went on the spur of the moment!

Anonymous said...

This spontaneous trip looks like it really worked out. Next time, you should try one of the historic restaurants along the Riverwalk; Casa Rio has delicious cheese enchiladas and you can sit by the river while you eat and watch the boats pass by.

http://visitsanantonio.com/visitors/play/history-heritage/historic-hotels-and-restaurants/index.aspx