Monday, December 08, 2008

Black Bean Hodgepodge


Are there ever days when you get home from a LONG day at work and just throw a million things into a pot to make dinner just so you won't STARVE TO DEATH?
Yea, me too. I've been working late hours and trying to play catch up/prepare for the holidays.
Meal planning has taken somewhat of a back burner for the time being.
Black bean hodgepodge was born out of this urge to fight death with dinner. I tend to go for Mexican or south western meals when I need a meal in a quick pinch.
Ingredients: Black beans, tortillas, zucchini, onion, corn, avocado and spices. If I wasn't out of cilantro you can bet there would be some of that in there too.
It may not be a gourmet, well planned meal but it definitely hits the spot.
What are your "I must eat NOW" meals?
Teddy

1 comment:

annette said...

Oh, that sounds delicious. My "must. eat. now." foods are similar - usually something tex-mexy, like tacos or taco bowls. Throwing a bunch of delicious things in a bowl is usually pretty awesome.