Thursday, September 18, 2008

Red Lentils

I can’t say I’ve had many lentils in my life, which is odd because I know they’re great for you and I’m vegetarian. I decided that needed to change. I bought a mess of red lentils last time I was at the store. Seeing as I’ve never really cooked with lentils before, I kind of just winged it. There are base flavors that you can’t go wrong with for me.

Curry, coconut milk, cilantro=something edible.


Red lentil curry made with coconut milk and Punjab curry.


Although they tasted alright I may need some help on this one.
What the best way to cook lentils?

I have plenty of time to experiment with this one and I’m pretty excited. Oh, and I have a new motivation to get my own place. It's odd, I woke up at 3am last night and had a strong urge to start cooking. That would be rude seeing as I live with 2 other people. They would definitely both be awakened by my cooking but, once I have my own place random 3am cook-fests may ensue!! haha

The next culinary adventure will be more new grains.

Teddy

No comments: