Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miso Paste


My school had orientation last week and I came home with a bag full of goodies! The Natural Epicurean has a special going on for 2008. If you sign up for the program you will receive a "starter kit" of ingredients, pots/pans and a new knife. This miso paste was part of my kit and I've been itching to try it out but it's been hotter than hell here. Soup when it's hotter than hell= not so much fun.

The weather cooled down and rained for a couple of days so I seized my opportunity to make some miso :)


I wanted a more hearty soup. I added ramen noodles, onions, and sugar snap peas (there always should be some color). The soup was filling and great for a cloudy, grey day.

Over the weekend I did my 3 mile run again. I went much faster this time and I'm proud of myself for that! Next weekend I think I'll try for the 3 1/2 mile run.

Last night Cara and I got a work out of a different kind. We went to a Madonna sing along at the Alamo drafthouse. Basically, the theater plays Madonna's music videos with the words on the bottom and you sing/dance along, with a few pauses for some contests.

When we got home we weren't tired at all so Cara and I had another sing along, this time to Michael Jackson in her bedroom. Needless to say, I'm a little tired today. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat though!! :)

Teddy

1 comment:

Carrie™ said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! When does school officially begin?