Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hiking in Big Bear

I must say, Big Bear has some great hiking.


From the trail


I seem to have trouble with the mountain air (NO, I'm not completely out of shape... Okay maybe a little) so we did an easy 1.2 mile path that was a big loop. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature was perfect for me. Great hiking weather :)




As a child I was a monkey. I LOVED to climb everything- trees, rocks, ditches. I haven't fully gotten over my climbing obsession. The picture above is proof of that (you can't tell but this is a pretty big boulder my mom and I conquered).



You know those people who take 80 pictures a day? I'm one of them. Here's the view I get most of the hike- WAY in the back taking pictures haha.

The beginning of the trail with Richard :)

After the 1.2 mile hike I had a hankering for some more climbing. Richard and I climbed to the top of these boulders. The view was majestic yet scary.


Thanks for the camera help thus far folks- I'd love to hear any more advice you've got (maybe from Catherine or Raw vegan momma or other people who have recently purchased- BIG thanks to Crystal :))


Teddy
PS I'm hoping to catch up on my blog reading tomororw. See you then!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like a fun hike. I went snowboarding at Snow Summit once when we lived in AZ - nice area.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, Teddy!
-Jen (orangina from vegtriathlete)

kleo2 said...

GREAT photos. I absolutely love Big Bear and i can see how utterly gorgeous it is there at this time of year. I'm so happy for you getting to vacation there and hike and do all sorts of cool stuff there, Teddy!! YAY for you!

primaryconsumer said...

Wow, it's positively gorgeous!

vegchic2(Jody) said...

Looks like some awesome hiking. I'm a digital camera addict! In the past I've been married to Sony's.

I've branched out a bit. My current fav is the Panasonic Lumix. Normally, a computer geek would never recommend a Panasonic camera...but, this one is actually a Leica in disguise. The same Leica camera is about 4x the price.

My Block Island pictures were with the Lumix. It is a digital SLR, but it is pretty small.

Otherwise, Canon Powershots are a good pick!