Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hiking in Big Bear

I must say, Big Bear has some great hiking.


From the trail


I seem to have trouble with the mountain air (NO, I'm not completely out of shape... Okay maybe a little) so we did an easy 1.2 mile path that was a big loop. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature was perfect for me. Great hiking weather :)




As a child I was a monkey. I LOVED to climb everything- trees, rocks, ditches. I haven't fully gotten over my climbing obsession. The picture above is proof of that (you can't tell but this is a pretty big boulder my mom and I conquered).



You know those people who take 80 pictures a day? I'm one of them. Here's the view I get most of the hike- WAY in the back taking pictures haha.

The beginning of the trail with Richard :)

After the 1.2 mile hike I had a hankering for some more climbing. Richard and I climbed to the top of these boulders. The view was majestic yet scary.


Thanks for the camera help thus far folks- I'd love to hear any more advice you've got (maybe from Catherine or Raw vegan momma or other people who have recently purchased- BIG thanks to Crystal :))


Teddy
PS I'm hoping to catch up on my blog reading tomororw. See you then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun hike. I went snowboarding at Snow Summit once when we lived in AZ - nice area.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, Teddy!
-Jen (orangina from vegtriathlete)

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's positively gorgeous!