Monday, May 04, 2009

Vegan BBQ Sandwich


Ok, so maybe Gardenburger BBQ Riblets aren't the healthiest thing in the world to be munching down on but a couple of times a year I indulge and buy a box of these. I had a friend visiting from out of town this weekend so I ended up eating out quite a bit. When people come to visit I always want to show them my favorite places to eat. The only meal I cooked for us was breakfast and a few snacks (hummus and what not). Before my friend arrived I was digging in the freezer for dinner when I remembered that I bought riblets a month or so back.

This version of my riblet sandwich includes a cracked wheat bun, red dandelion greens and organic sauerkraut. I also had a side of oven baked sweet potato fries.

My ideas for a homemade version of this sandwich will be to grill some tempeh, leave out the bun and have a salad/fries with it.

Does anyone have any tips for grilling tempeh? I got my hands on some local BBQ sauce that I like and I'd like to start using it.

Teddy

4 comments:

flower said...

yum

veggievixen said...

yum-tastic! i love just baking or grilling bbq tofu too :)

Catherine said...

This totally makes me want BBQ tempeh, now!! And sweet potato fries . . . and steamed broccoli! There's Saturday night dinner, I think!

Tips for grilling tempeh? I'd simmer it for 10 minutes before marinading it, methinks, and probably use a grill basket -- tempeh can be kind of delicate/crumbly!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com