Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adzuki Butternut Soup




Like my new bowl?? Yea me too...

Here how it is- It's cold (anything under 50 is cold) and that requires soup. Adzuki beans are new to me and I've only had them served to me, not cooked them myself.

I wasn't sure what to do with them so I threw them in a pressure cooker this morning with butternut squash, onions, garlic, sage and oregano. I pressure cooked everything for about an hour while I got ready for work.

I think this dish needs a little more fat in it next time. Now that the temperature is dropping I am craving fattier foods.

I still have a whole bunch of beans left. Any recipe suggestions?

Teddy

Ps- Did I mention I'm seeing Love Actually tonight at the Draft House with Cara? Yes, I AM excited. Thanks for noticing :)

2 comments:

T. Jan Rose , Web Manager said...

Yea soup's great in cold weather. sooo good. thanks, sister javamanjoe

MeloMeals said...

I'm shocked you pressure cooked them for so long and everything held together!

I am not a huge fan of adzuki beans.. I love them sprouted..

I think I have a recipe on my blog for adzuki bean and millet burgers... if you do a search.

I've made a similar soup and then used the leftovers to top Soba Noodles... Miso flavored it with lots of garlic/ginger/toasted sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro..