Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Eats


A day late but the pictures are still pretty amazing. My costume was:


KILLER TOFU! haha Very few people got the Doug reference but the ones who did, loved it. Scary right??




To start off this Halloween I wanted a treat. I bought some amaranth a few weeks ago and it's been lurking in my cupboard since then. Halloween morning was the time to get some use out of it. I boiled the amaranth (1/2 a cup) in water (about a cup) for about 20 mins and once most of the liquid had be soaked up I added a touch of agave and a spoonful of organic pumpkin pie mix.
DELISH
Before the picture the dish looked too much like a big brown bowl of mush so some dried cranberries were needed.

This is a great fall breakfast. Give it a try some time!

Teddy

2 comments:

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

ooo wee ooo, Killer Tofu! Love it!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

OMG, I love your costume! I was a big Doug fan.