Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vegan Pressed Salad


I have a new job and it's going great!
Unfortunately it means I'll have to start posting at night now because there's simply no time in the mornings. So all you night owls, heeeerrrrreee's Teddy. :)

Now that it's officially fall now and I'm craving pressed salads. I mean, went through a pumpkin and fall flavors phase, but I'm craving change. Last week I made a few pressed salads to satisfy my desire for freshness. Above is THE BEST pressed salad ever... well, I thought so.

Cabbage
Carrot greens
Gala Apple
Green onion
Walnuts
Vegan creamy poppy seed dressing

Teddy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds simple and refreshing, the perfect sort of thing for a light lunch. :)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

What an awesome looking salad! Thanks for your comment on my cinnamon rolls post! :)

Tierney said...

Hey there! I just recently moved from Austin to SoCal, and I'm seriously missing some of the awesome food places. You should go to Mother's near Hyde Park, and take pictures of their amazing food to put in your blog so I can see them. The Reuben sandwich with wheat roast is fabulous!

Bruised Orange said...

What is "pressed" salad?

funwithyourfood said...

Hi there!
You can learn a little about pressed salad here:
http://www.spiritofchange.org/recipes-archives.php?id=45

Basically you massage your greens in a small amount of sea salt and let them sit for an hour or so to make everything easier to digest. I find it salty and tasty :)

Teddy