Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Clay Pit

Nope I didn’t make this. It’s actually leftovers from the Clay Pit. Last Sunday there was a Vegan Rock Austin! meet up there and I decided to join in on the delicious fun. I have to say both the food and the company were great.
Since I’m still getting accustomed to Austin life I’ve been trying to go out more in hopes of meeting more people. It seems like these guys get together pretty often and it’s always food centric- YAY.



If you’re a fan of Indian food and are vegan I recommend the Clay Pit because it’s vegan items are clearly marked on the menu. I’m not a connoisseur of Indian cuisine by any means but the Clay Pits menu was impressive and there were so many items to choose from it was hard for me to decide. It’s probably a give-in that I found the food to be amazing but I must warn if you are adverse to spicy, order MILD every time.
The price isn’t outrageous (about 10 bucks a plate) and the curries are served in little individual pots which I find adorable.
I hope to go back and get pictures of the little adorable pots!

This weekend is the Austin City Limits festival which I am sad to report I will not be able to attend (200 bucks for tix and I just cannot afford that right now). I’m hoping I may be able to see some nice super secret shows though. Not sure how likely that is. Wish me luck in finding them!

Teddy

No comments: