Friday, August 08, 2008

Kerby Lane Cafe

Austin's collection of hole in the wall, mom n pop shops is nothing short of amazing. While I'm staying with Cara and waiting for school to start I am determined to find some hidden (or not so hidden) treasures.
Ok, so maybe Kerby Lane is a well known cafe. It was voted best late/all night eats this year.
Reasons why, after one short visit, I think this was voted best late/all night in Austin.
1) see pictures below:

Potato Flautas with tons of guacamole and a mango salsa


Just look at that guac!

2) It actually came with THREE flautas, I was just too eager to taste test before any pictures.
3) Very vegetarian/vegan friendly menu.
4) Amazing music. While we ate I heard both ACDC and Pink Floyd.
5) I can only imagine how much better this food and music would be at around 2 or 3am.


If those weren't enough reason to give this place a try then there is just no winning you over in my mind (Pink Floyd AND ACDC people!).
If you still need more convincing I GUESS you could go to their website :)
http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/

3 comments:

Rose said...

I've lived in Austin for 2 years now yet I've never been to Kerby Lane. Now that I see how good the food is, I might as well go!

Rural Vegan said...

That looks so much better than the typical food one can find at 3 a.m.! And that mound of guacamole is mighty impressive!

Carrie™ said...

I'm a huge Pink Floyd person and a pretty big AC/DC person as well. The meal looks and sounds amazing! Too bad it's in Austin. Dammit!!