Monday, August 11, 2008

(512) Brewery Opening


This Saturday (512) brewery celebrated their opening by giving free samples of their 3 brews (IPA, WIN and a Pale Ale) to the public. When Cara, Mike and I heard this we got dressed and moseyed on down the street to give them a try.**



Carrying three beers with small, child-like hands can be a daunting task but I'm proud to say I made it, thank you!


My favorite was the pale ale but that was mostly because it was hot outside and pale ales always seem more refreshing than heavier brews.


Our alcoholic bounty in full glory.

(512) brews can be found at this local bars:
Draught house and pub
Uncle Billy's brew and que
The Ginger Man
The Alamo Draft house cinema- Barton Springs
Crown and anchor pub

The rest of the weekend followed with food, Olympic watching, movie watching and just general hanging out. I'm becoming slightly more familiarized with the area but still tend to get lost quite a bit. Today the job hunt continues! Wish this girl luck :)


**side note: I'm hoping to "fit in" with the locals so I may be practicing some stereotypical Texan vernacular from time to time haha

1 comment:

Carrie™ said...

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were right from Texas. :o) Can't go wrong with free beer!