Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Grilled Romaine Salad



I bet you thought I was going to post about what happened with those mushrooms huh?
NOPE

I'm taking it a completely different route (well until tomorrow, when I'll post about them). Tuesdays is family dinner night for my fam. Mom has been wanting to try out Savannah's in Huntington Beach.
There was a lack of veggie options (seafood mostly) but what they did have was flavorful. I had a Grilled Romaine Salad which included, lettuce, tomato-corn relish, pumpkin seeds & creamy cilantro caesar dressing- I think I saw some jalapeƱo bits as well.

I've never made a grilled salad before but now I'm thinking it could be fun because I don't grill much. The night proved to be a bit of a culinary inspiration for me to try a new cooking technique.

Have you ever grilled lettuce?

Teddy

1 comment:

Rural Vegan said...

That looks great! I have not grilled romaine yet, but I did watch how to do it on Good Eats this week! =)