Friday, February 16, 2007

Avanti Cafe

Valentines this year was full of wonderful food and people. Richard treated me to a 4 course, vegan, gourmet feast at Avanti Cafe.




Avanti is a little vegetarian cafe in Costa Mesa. On Valentines they offered a 4 course meal (vegetarian or Vegan) with a glass of chardonnay. Quite often they have meal events here. You need to call in advance and make your reservation.


Local art work displayed for admiration and purchase.


It was nice to not have to worry about large crowds at our restaurant. There was only us and about 5-6 other couples.

Onto the food:


First course: Pine nut arugula pizza rustica bite.


Second course: Wild exotic mushroom baby dumpling w/ truffle oil in musky root vegetable consume


Third Course: La Vie en Rose - Triple barley cranberry risotto w/ a palette of flavorful red vegetables


Dessert: Saffron poached pears w/ agave love tuille


Extra bite: Handmade dark chocolate truffles

I can not say enough about how wonderful this whole-in-the-wall cafe is. It's been described as vegetarian Nirvana and it pretty much is! I really think these pictures speak for themselves. Avanti hold's events weekly and they even hold cooking classes. If you're in the area, I highly suggest signing up for their newsletter. They are the location for Costa Mesa CSA pick up's as well. Avanti definitely left a pleasant taste in my mouth and a big grin on my face :)

Teddy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful splurge! I've never eaten at Avanti so when I'm in town again I'll definitely check it out.

KleoPatra said...

Hey, i have got to check that out! I am going to Native Foods up in Costa Mesa in early March for my b'day and didn't know about this place, so now i have somewhere else to check out. HOW COOL!!

Very nice beau you have, a nice V Day. Glad you enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

Yum - thanks for letting us vicariously live through you! Those of us without access to a vegan restaurant are envious.

Lisa Braithwaite said...

We finally checked out Avanti when we were in OC for a trade show last week. LOVED it! Will definitely be going back. Thanks for sharing.