Saturday, September 06, 2008

My Samurai Sword

Class number 2 for me this week was Basic Knife Skills and I got my new knife!
Reason why this knife is amazing:
See picture below.... Made in the tradition of the Samurai Sword.



Because of this, from now on, I will refer to my knife as my sword.



Isn't it beautiful? I think so.

Well knife skills taught me some valuable things like, don't chop off your fingers : ). Actually we learned julienne, diagonal, the "owl", the "flower", diced, chiffonade and some other types of cuts.

My favorite part of the class was taste testing the raw, freshly chopped, organic veggies (eating is always the best part) and learning how to sharpen the knife with a wet stone. I must admit I'm intimidated by sharpening my own knife but it won't be necessary for a couple of months.

Do you sharpen your own knives?

Teddy

No comments: