Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vegan Ginger and Carrot Soup


I find myself eating more soups now that the days are getting shorter but as I've mentioned, I'm growing tired of my signature creamy squash soup. This carrot, miso, ginger soup is sweet and doesn't necessarily need to be pureed (I like it that way though).

The ingredients are pretty simple:
Carrots, onions, celery, water, miso and ginger juice

For two weekends I've been busy in different lecture/cooking series at school from 8am to around 6pm. I'm happy to day that next weekend I will have NO SCHOOL or WORK. You have no idea how excited I am for a weekend off. SLEEP. GLORIOUS SLEEP.
Last night I was able to go to see Ben Folds (fantastic!)- I won FREE tickets and it was a great time but it kept me out later than I anticipated.

Even though it's barely 9:30 here I am heading to bed to get some much needed shut eye. I need to be perky for the 2nd week at my amazing new job!

Teddy

1 comment:

aTxVegn said...

Your soup looks great! Maybe we'll have soup weather soon, but I like 80 degrees best.

I'm glad the girls from Dhaba Joy are online. Did you ever have one of their poptarts?