Saturday, April 05, 2008

Simply Saturday


We've all had a long busy week I'm sure. Now Saturday has rolled around, our fridge is near empty and the tummy is starting to get a little rummbley. This is that time where were I raid what's left of last week's farmers market supply. The 3 pints of strawberries have dwindled down to 1/2 a pint of past their time strawberries.
Solution:
Cut those berries up to remove any bad spots, throw in some frozen mangoes and top it off with lemon and agave. Letting it sit for about 10 minutes on the counter make it even better.
Simple, quick and delicious. My kind of Saturday breakfast. Halfway through munching I wanted something crunchy so I added in a handful of raw pecans (not pictured).



To drink? Why french press coffee of course (organic, shade grown, and fair trade because I am a little bit of a hippy.) :)

I added a little agave to this as well. When I have the need for creamer instead of reaching for any soy creamer, I go straight to my pantry and grab coconut milk. I'm telling you, it's a FANTASTIC substitute for creamer.

Now that my tummy is full, my day can begin!

Teddy

4 comments:

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I gotta try your strawberry mango salad.
It looks and sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Fresh fruit makes for a beautiful and tasty breakfast! Though sometimes I prefer waffles underneath my fresh fruit ;-)

Unknown said...

the fruit looks so pretty. Coconut milk sounds like a good idea... hmmm.

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Wow that fresh fruit salad looks amazing!