Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Irvine Farmers Market

Last weekend the LA Times printed a list of the top 10 farmers markets in the LA area. Among that list was UC Irvine's Saturday market.

I love farmers markets but it seems that most aren't open when I'm available so a Saturday market is my dream come true. I had to go check it out.



Great fresh greens- some organic some not.




Cherries and apricots.


This market was quite large and I was thrilled to see there was a booth for signing up for your local CSA (which I plan on doing this week!).


We picked up apricots, peaches, strawberries, baby bok choy, chinese broccoli and some fresh herbs. I can't wait till next week.


Teddy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

with your next time. Im jealous.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Looks like a bountiful market! Did The Hollywood FM make the list? That was MY market for several years...

Anonymous said...

I would have been in heaven! Fresh produce is always great.